Header Image

Header Image

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde


This book is so funny. I laugh out loud when I read it. And then want to follow whoever is in the room with me and read them selections that I am finding particularly amusing at the moment.
I believe my family dreads it when they see me reading it.


It is such a gem.


Two Ernest's. No wait, NO ERNEST'S! An ailing friend in the country. A troublesome brother in town.


A baby in a bag left at the railway station?
And when the baby is finally found, 30 odd years later it is the return of the bag that is most celebrated.
I love that part.


I can't really give you a review, just go and read it. It is short and sweet, just three acts, I think. You will not be dissapointed.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP