Header Image

Header Image

Friday, January 2, 2009

Joy's Reading List: A Walk in the Park

To start with, I'm choosing Level 2, "A Walk in Hyde Park." Well, Hyde Park is lovely at all times of year, isn't it? But it's very possible that later on I might just pop into the British Museum for a tour (I especially love the Egyptian collections, don't you?), or even pay a visit to Buckingham Palace (never have received that invitation to tea, darn it!).

For now, I'm just planning to read books set during the Victorian Era, but my alternate list includes a few actually written during that period. And although I've only listed The Warden, I'd like to read the entire series of Trollope's Barsetshire novels, so we'll see what develops.

READING LIST:

Angels & Insects, by A.S. Byatt [finished; review to come]
The Master, by Colm Toibin [finished; review to come]
Mistress of Mellyn, by Victoria Holt
Mortal Love, by Elizabeth Hand

ALTERNATE LIST:

The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins
The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins
Affinity, by Sarah Waters
The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton [See Review]
The 19th Wife, by David Ebershoff
The Dante Club, by Matthew Pearl
The Warden, by Anthony Trollope

I'll be putting my reviews on my blog (Joy's Blog), and updating my progress here. Now to get started on that first book!

2 comments:

Carolyn

I love Trollope's Barsetshire series.

sunt_lacrimae_rerum

Great books! I'll be eager to hear what you think. I love Trollope immensely. After you read "The Warden" see if you can fit in "Barchester Towers".

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP